I go through phases where I make these all the time and have them on the go! I am currently in one of those phases where I crave these babies. The best part is they are SO simple/quick to make + they are gluten free, nut free, vegan (i.e. school friendly)!
BEST BREAKFAST COOKIES EVER! (yields 12)
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Place dates in a food processor and blend until a paste is formed
- Next, add in bananas + vanilla. Blend until fully combined
- Next, add in hemp seed, pumpkin seed, cinnamon + sea salt and blend again until fully combined
- Finally, manually stir in oats slowly and mix together until the paste is mixed with all the oats
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form mixture into balls and flatten. I sometimes add even more cinnamon + sea salt onto the top so feel free to do that too!
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool for at least 10 minutes. For best results, store in the fridge!