The Sweetest Potato Casserole
I love sweet potatoes + I love marshmallows, so the two of them combined has me feeling like Christmas came early! This is a great side dish for any holiday occasion.
Introducing the super easy + super delicious Sweetest Potato Casserole...
Recipe (Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Gluten Free):
- 3 x Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 cups of Marshmallows (you can find organic brands at health food stores)
- 1 cup dairy free milk (almond, coconut, soy, cashew- I used almond)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Pierce holes in sweet potatoes and cook for 1 hour at 400 degrees
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let cool. Once cooled, place in food processor/blender + blend until fully combined. If you do not have a processor, you can use a potato masher
- Add in milk and mix well
- Stir in maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt
- Spread sweet potato mixture in casserole dish
- Spread marshmallows evenly on top of sweet potato mixture and bake for 12 minutes at 350