I’ve said it once and I will say it again (and again and again), sneak more nutrients into meals, even if you’re cooking for yourself! so that’s what this lentil burrito did.
toppings: whatever you love! we used avocado, pickled onions (I often have a large batch made to add into meals), salsa, cashew “cheese” that we bought from Costco (brand: Le Maison Grand)
- 1 can of lentils (rinsed + drained well)
- 1 large sweet potato (diced)
- 1 pepper (diced)
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- heat coconut oil on a frying pan at medium heat
- add onions + garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes
- add sweet potatoes + spices (paprika, chili + salt) and mix around every couple minutes until they are soft
- add in peppers + lentils and mix until combined. you can serve this way, but I took it one step further so the mixture would have a finer texture. I mixed in my food processor and blended on low for 20-30 seconds
I hope you enjoy as much as we did! feel free to sprinkle burritos with some super seeds for even more added nutrients or to blend in some greens into the mixture!