HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This year I am going to be bringing out the most amazing version of myself and my business. None of this new year, new me bull$%@*. New Year, SAME ME, just refined and improved. Because I am pretty great and so are you! So don't think for one second you need to be a new person to be better. We are going to be bringing you more recipes, new meals on our menu and much, much more. First recipe of the year is our oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I have a serious sweet tooth so I am always playing around with new dessert ideas, and voila...
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
Gluten Free + Vegan*
Yields: 12 cookies
- 1.5 cup oats
- 2 bananas
- 8-10 dates
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or dairy free chocolate* chips
- 1/4 natural nut butter (I suggest almond, cashew or peanut)
- 1 heaping tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or regular pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place dates in food processor and mix until finely chopped
- Add in diced banana followed by the nut butter + mix until well combined and smooth
- Next, mix in the maple syrup and vanilla
- Add in the oats and blend until well combined
- Finally, manually mix in the chocolate chips so that they stay whole
- Form into balls and flatten on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If you are finding the dough too sticky, place in fridge for 10 minutes or form patties while hands are wet.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes depending on desired crispness.