Gluten free and made with... wait for it... sweet potatoes. I will admit the first time I made these I was SCARED. I thought sweet potatoes did not belong in desserts. Well guess what, they do! There is no handbook from the universe saying what foods goes best with what so get out of your head and just try these! Trust me, the sweet potatoes essentially just add sweetness, texture, and nutrients! These babies are good, real good!
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ground oats (make your own by placing gluten free oats in a food processor until very fine)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (you can also use regular vanilla)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400- cook sweet potato for 45 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool
- Turn down oven to 350.
- Once sweet potato has cooled, place in food processor along with the following; milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until well combined
- Next, add in cacao powder, oats, and baking powder. Blend until fully combined.
- Scrape mixture with spatula until a square pan lined with parchment paper or greased with coconut oil.
- Cook brownies for 30 minutes.
Let me know what you think of the recipe by commenting below!