My oh-so-lovely acupuncturist Anne Matthews (of Energy Tree Studios) asked me to keep a food journal so I thought I would share it with you all so you can get a glimpse into how I eat (+ how it makes me feel) , when I eat, my workouts, as well as my indulgences (spoiler alert: it's usually sugary, creamy or carby)!
I am seeing Anne to work on my digestion! I have a very sensitive digestive system and have had issues with it for as long as I can remember (I think it stems from my childhood diet based heavily on processed foods- that story is for another day though!) Anne thinks that I might not be assimilating nutrients as best as possible so is helping me get to the bottom of it. Since seeing Anne, I already feel so much better and am hooked on acupuncture! I had never done acupuncture before seeing Anne and the craziest part is, I HATE NEEDLES. I know people don't usually LOVE needles but I pass out every time I get blood taken so needless to say, I am slightly traumatized by them (I am not even exaggerating that I have passed out every single time! It is funny when I say it but so scary when it happens = cold sweats, disoriented, panic)
Anywayssssss, here it is! 6 days in the life of MOI!
Sunday (April snow storm day, "snowed in")
- 9am: bulletproof coffee with collagen creamer + coconut milk
- 11am: 5k run
- 12:30pm: homemade french toast with sprouted bread, coconut milk, cinnamon, 1/2 banana, 2 strawberries, butter + maple syrup
- 3pm: homemade energy ball (dates, chia, hemp, pumpkin seed)
- 330pm: 1 cup gluten free Annie’s Mac + cheese with Valentina hot sauce
- Felt tired within 30 minutes (of course)! Lol it was worth it. Took a digestive enzyme to help me break it down
- 7pm: homemade broccoli chicken and brown rice casserole + mini individual cheesecake
- 730am: bulletproof coffee + energy ball (made with protein powder, dates, chia, peanut butter)
- 930am: spin class
- 1030am: energy ball + banana
- Felt very energized + mentally clear
- 12pm: scrambled eggs (2 eggs + coconut milk) with 1/3 avocado + 1 tbsp 7 layer dip (tomatoes, cheese, pinto beans, onions)
- 3pm: mint tea
- Started to feel sleepy + slight brain fog
- 4pm: 1 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts, 1/2 cup sweet potato
- Mental fog better
- 430pm: 2 homemade cauliflower bites (cauliflower, eggs, carrots, cheese)
- Felt very bloated after this!
- 9am: bulletproof coffee + 2 energy balls
- Woke up feeling great
- 10am: 70 min run (10k)
- 12:30pm: green smoothie: 1 cup spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup avocado, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp hemp seed powder, 1 tsp ashwaganda, 1 tsp spirulina, 1 tsp moringa powder
- 3pm: Impact Kitchen Harvest Salad (quinoa, arugula, Brussels, hemp, egg, apple, onions, cauliflower, substituted bacon for more Brussels) + raw chocolate chip cookie
- 5pm: kombucha
- Feel really good! Usually hard boiled egg (harvest salad) makes me bloated but the kombucha prevented this! WOO!
- 9am: bulletproof coffee + energy ball
- 1130am: quinoa, shredded chicken, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes + hot sauce
- 330pm: banana + energy ball
- 530pm: spin class
- 7pm: 1 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Felt slightly hungry going to bed but my laziness got the best of me and I did not want to make food
- 730am: energy ball + coffee with cream
- 11am: green smoothie (same as one from a few days ago)
- 1pm: Vega protein bar (my lazy on the go snack)
- 2pm: GF English muffin + butter
- Carbing up for my Friday run!
- 6pm: quinoa pasta with pesto
- CARBS, CARBS, CARBS! I LOVE CARBS!
- 8pm: popcorn + sparkling water
- 9am: bulletproof coffee + gluten free English muffin with butter
- More carbs for my run!
- 11am: 15K for 100mins
- 130pm: vega chocolate coconut protein bar
- Kept one in my car to eat right after my run, I was SO hungry after it
- 330pm: gluten free toast with 2 poached eggs, 1/2 avocado + sea salt
- 530pm: 1/2 small gluten free vegetarian pizza with onions + jalapeño
- As expected, this bad boy did not sit well. TOO processed + too much dairy for my system. Was delish though!